What is Puberty?
Puberty is the period when various changes occurs in an individual that transforms a child into a sexually mature adult. A young person goes through a gradual process that results in a variety of physiological, social and mental changes that allows them to engage in reproduction, sexual exploration and identity formation. As explained by WHO, this period starts from 9.5 years and lasts till 19 years for both girls and boys.
Changes that occur in Puberty
- This period marks a significant milestone for an individual's emotions. Emotion is heighted in self-expression, allowing them to articulate their feelings with a newfound clarity.
- Become shy.
- Have a clear idea of what is right and wrong.
- Give more importance to Individual.
- Thoughts, Memory, and Perception is developed.
- Are Day- dreaming and
- Can explain their emotions to others.
- Are more curious.